At Logic, we solve retail problems. What sets us apart is our approach: we apply a consumer-centric lens towards solving business problems through retail systems integration. Rather than simply installing and updating software, we empower our clients with the knowledge and support needed to deliver world-class experiences for their shoppers that maximize convenience, efficiency and profitability. Take your talent and passion to a global organization at the forefront of retail, technology, and innovation! Join our retail technology team and you will team up with diverse, talented colleagues, and leaders who support your success.
Your Role as a Business Analyst at Logic
We are seeking a Business Analyst to join our team. This position is a good fit for a candidate who is highly capable of collaborating and communicating with multiple teams on a client project. You will be part of a project delivery team, working creatively with our clients during the analysis, design, development, and implementation of our retail solutions. The Business Analyst is customer-focused and must have the ability to make decisions and provide guidance in the creation of software solutions.
Successful candidates must have demonstrated expertise in processes necessary to deliver a technology solution for our clients. These processes include:
- Create Functional Specifications of collaborative and productive applications developed for our clients
- Function as direct users’ interlocutor to gather and formalize their needs, and translate them into Use Cases and User Stories, while maintaining the traceability of different elements
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Microsoft Visual Studio Team System, Microsoft Commerce Server, Microsoft SQL Server
You will spend your days working with clients on assigned projects to:
- Create innovative solutions to business and technology problems
- Evaluate existing systems and procedures to influence client to adopt your recommendations
- Oversee the development of software solutions that meet client requirements
- Assist users during acceptance tests
As customer priorities change, Logic’s priorities change, so you should be energized by change and comfortable with working in a fast-paced, evolving business environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the analysis of the business needs with the users and the business departments.
- Guide the client in the choice of the functionalities while considering the costs, the delays, and the advantages in regard to the project development.
- Help the clients to clarify the operational needs regarding the functionalities to be developed or modified. Support the clients in the validation and the understanding of the analysis.
- Help the technical lead and the project manager to identify the different resources’ necessary to the project (financial, technical and manpower).
- Write the functional documentation (backlog: features and user stories, process flow).
- Follow-up on the business needs during the development phases and validate the proposed and evolutionary IT solutions.
- Render the clients’ needs in functional specification for the development team.
- Develop, document, and give support for the functional, integration and acceptance test strategies.
Key Skills and Qualifications
- 5 years of experience in business and/or functional analysis in a Web context
- 3 or more years of experience on large-scale projects
- Experience in analyzing the needs of a content management portals.
- Strong understanding of e-commerce
- Ability to stand alone in front of a client, even in situations where you are being called on as an authority beyond your scope of expertise
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Previous experience in retail, retail technology or E-commerce is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or a related (or equivalent) field
- Bloomington, MN preferred or Remote